Campbell Soup Company Part-Time Factory Store Clerk in Hanover, Pennsylvania
Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Summary (State overall purpose of the job in 2-3 sentences)
This position is responsible for assisting customers with product purchases as well as giving Plant tours.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please list that here.)
• Assist customers (retailers, wholesalers, individuals) with their orders and inquiries
• Assist with in store customers; ring up orders and obtain merchandise
• Cover and assist shipping tasks needed; Calculating shipping costs for customer's orders being shipped
• Coordinate donations and solicitations for outside organizations
• Participate with physical inventories when required
• Participate in Company events/samplings evenings and weekends as needed
• Maintain Customer Service complaints/response database
• Generate monthly and quarterly consumer complaints reports
• Maintain and update product information or website
• Generate weekly retail sales reports
• Communicate liability complaints to manager in a timely, effective manner
• Communicate patterns of complaints in a timely manner
• Maintain cleanliness and housekeeping of area; stock shelves as needed; put out samples and replace as necessary; clean store-floors, rugs, shelves, doors, counters
• Observe all safety practices and maintain a safe working environment
• Book and conduct plant tours
• May close/cash out and lockup retail store when needed; able to make daily bank deposits when needed.
• May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart should be included with job description when submitted)
No budgetary or supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses or professional certifications required for the job.)
• Good communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Self-management/organizational skills.
• Excellent people skills.
• Initiative and problem solving skills.
• Computer literacy/P.O.S.I.M (point of sale-inventory management)
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
High School Diploma or GED and a minimum one year retail experience required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional licenses or certificates required for the job)
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
Position requires the ability to speak, hear, walk with no restrictions, Must stand for long periods of time. Also requires lifting up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
This position works in a "store" environment. At times it can be stressful – particularly when employees are on their breaks and are somewhat demanding for quick service.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.